There are different types of trailers that are built for various commercial purposes. Each of them differs from the next in its performance. Like for example, every trailer has different applications and weight limit. However, the operator of every trailer is required to have a commercial driver’s license. When it comes to considering the total weight, it is very important that the weight of both the freight and the trailer should be taken into account. That’s because not all trailers are made the same and therefore, you need to find the right the trailer for your application. If you are looking forward to hiring a trailer for your need then you can check trailer of sale Auckland.
What are the various types of trailers?
As already mentioned above there are different types of trailers out there. Depending on your need you need to choose one. But before that, you need to know the different types.
- Flatbed Trailer: This is perhaps the most common type of trailer. This is the type of trailer that can be used for almost every purpose. Starting from lumber to steel coils you can ship anything you want. Flatbed trailers have the maximum weight limit of 48,000 pounds. Whereas the maximum height is 8.5 feet from the surface bed and legal width operation is 8.5 feet. However, the standard height is 60 inches off the ground.
- Refrigerated Trailer: This is the type of trailer that comes with a cooling system and is basically insulated from the inside. The cooling system of the trailer help keeps the enclosed goods fresh. Refrigerated trailers are mainly used for transporting frozen food items and produce. Pharmaceuticals are also transported through these trailers at times.
- Lowboy Trailers: When you have to load and ship heavy loads, lowboy trailers is what you need. This is the type of trailer that is generally used to transport heavy duty construction equipment. However, lowboy trailers need special permits to operate. Also, municipal and state regulations should be followed strictly. Lowboy trailers are known as the workhorses of the shipping world.
- Step Deck Trailers: This is very much similar to flatbed trailers. The only difference is that the maximum freight height of step deck trailer is 10 feet. This is mainly designed to carry things that cannot be transported with flatbed trailers which are mainly due to freight height restrictions. Therefore, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that step deck trailers are flatbed trailers that allow you to add an extra 2 feet of freight height.
- Removable Gooseneck Trailers: This is an ideal type of trailer that can be used to transport both heavy and tall goods. Depending on the number of axles they can carry up to 150,000 pounds of load.
- Specialty Trailers: These are the types of trailers that are built to ship a specific type of goods. They are mainly used to haul various types of liquids like petrol. If you are carrying a hazardous material then you will have to get a special permit done.
Trailers are very useful when it comes to shipping various goods. The fact that there are different types of trailers built to serve various purposes the work becomes easier.